Thursday, May 13, 2010

Just Before I Am Lost

Just before I am lost,
I want to write a love poem.
The color of love stolen,
Tears dripping,
And a night lit up
By silver moon of memories.

The journey of love,
From being born in tears,
To being lost in smiles,
Finding its way in silence,
And choking
Under the weight of promises.

I am here tonight to say it all,
Things that were not meant to be.
Love made it happen,
Our little sweet miracles,
That have somehow stopped.

It's difficult to draw boundaries,
When you are too close;
So many things go wrong,
When you are lost.

I don't beg for tomorrows,
I would rather buy a yesterday.

Love somehow holds it all intact,
But tonight love is lost,
It has fled, defeated...
Without a message.

We are blinded,
Left to wander, in the sea of thoughts.

A thousand unknown reasons,
For the death of every star,
A hundred questions...
Why our miracles have stopped.

Just before I am lost,
I want to write a love poem.

(c)Ankur Srivastava

No comments: