Saturday, March 3, 2007

Hide And Seek

You remember that tube-well?
How I filled my little bucket,
And we sprayed all the water around,
A bucket full of joy.

And when we chased butterflies
In those bushes of laughter,
When I brushed your curly hair,
How your sweet giggle rang.
Butterflies, I set them free.

You always said,
I was so awful at fishing.
At the riverside in long afternoons
When your little rose reddened
With frustration and anger.
It was all I fished for.

You will be sad to know this,
Our little mud castle
Was washed away in one rain.

The Gulmohar we planted together
Has grown big but it's still young.
Trees never grow old,
They never leave their air...

Now this game of hide and seek
Has gone too long;
The sun is about to set.
Tired, I give up now,
Common and say "Den!".
I am waiting.
Let's play a new game.

No comments: